Sunday 28 December 2014

Top 5 TV Series of 2014!

This year has been filled with TV binges and series obsessions. As this is the perfect time of year to be lazy and watch tv shows in your new onesie, I thought I would do a round up of my favourites from this year.


1. My Mad Fat Diary
This is one of the best, most relatable shows I have seen in my entire life. It is based on a real life diary and is told through the eyes of a 16 stone teenage girl, who has just come out of a psychiatric hospital. The story follows the everyday struggles that the characters suffer within their lives and almost anybody can relate to at least one of them. There is also a great romance which keeps you guessing the whole time. What I love about this show is that any age group could watch it and it really makes you think. Now I may have made it sound like a seriously deep show, but its actually super funny and they have recently announced another season which I cant wait for.
 
2. Orange Is The New Black
I love this show way too much! I originally found it on Netflix and instantly became obsessed with it. The storyline is about a woman who has to go to an all female prizon and it focuses on different characters life stories each episode. I honestly laugh so hard at every episode and I think it has a great mixture of comedy and deep storylines. The characters are all so lovable (but some are very easy to dislike) and most of them have had a very difficult past. I think I watched the first season within a week because I found it so entertaining. I seriously recommend this to anyone who has Netflix and needs a good laugh.
 
3. Orphan Black
Orphan Black is definitely not my usual TV series, but it was on Netflix so I decided to give it a go (then I got addicted and I couldn't stop watching it). The storyline focuses on Sarah Manning, who steals the identity of someone who looks exactly like her after she witnesses her suicide. My favourite thing about this show is Sarah's best friend Felix as I think I laugh at everything he says. If you like a gripping, scientific drama you will love this show and even if you don't, I recommend giving it a try.
 
4. The Originals/The Vampire Diaries
Im going to count these two as one because The Originals is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries. They both have always been great shows and if you love vampires, this is the one for you. The Vampire Diaries is about a teenage girl who falls for two brothers who happen to be vampires. Its your typical teenage guilty pleasure and I just love it. The Originals is based around the same thing, but is about an original vampire family and the battles and romances that happen within their lives.
 
5. American Horror Story
This is definitely one of my favourites, I am obsessed with this program. American Horror story currently has 3.5 seasons and every season uses the same actors, but tells a different story. At first I was hesitant because I didn't want to be extra scared, but once I gave it a try I fell in love with the show. There are a few creepy moments and it can be a bit weird, but most of it is easy to laugh at. The seasons include ghosts, witches, mental asylum patients and members of a freak show and each storyline has been insanely gripping.  The script seems to have the power to make me love and root for characters I technically should hate. I honestly cant get enough of it and I recommend it to all.
 
Xo

4 comments :

  1. I suck at keeping up with TV series. I watch Vampire Diaries last year but then quickly got bored and just... gave up. *shrugs*

    Currently, I try to watch a couple episodes of New Girl! It's pretty great, I love it! :D

    I might start watching American Horror Story. I've been thinking about it for a while but never really got around to it. We'll see.

    Great post!
    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books
    Follower via Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I've seen New girl advertised, so I might have to check that out :) Yeah you should give american horror story a go it's such a good show!
      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I love American Horror Story! Good pick!

    Katy
    topknotsandjots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete